Trainee Accountant (to study for ACA/ACCA examination)
The post holder will report on a day-to-day basis to the Accounts Seniors.
- Details of the job are described in the attached job description.
The salary will be dependant on experience.
Salaries are paid monthly in arrears through the BACS System directly into the bank or building society account of each member of staff. Caladine Ltd must pay salaries through the BACS system. They cannot be paid by cheque. It will therefore be important to supply account details in order to ensure prompt payment.
The hours of work for this post are 35 hours per week, excluding meal breaks (these are unpaid), 52 weeks per year and hours of attendance will be from 9:00am to 5:00pm on Monday to Friday, with an hour for lunch.
The annual leave entitlement is 25 days (plus bank holidays) and an annual birthday holiday.
- Bookkeeping and maintaining Excel spreadsheets for clients.
- Preparation of financial statements for various small and medium sized traders and charities.
- Audit assignment – charities and business accounts
- Completion of VAT returns.
- General book-keeping assignments.
- Completion of management accounts.
- General office duties and support to administration staff when necessary.
- Proactive support to clients
To enrol and study for either an ACA or ACCA qualification. Full support of training given.
The criteria below indicate the qualities that are needed to do the job well. Candidates will be selected according to the extent to which they satisfy this criteria. Evidence of potential will also be considered. Most of the criteria must normally be met in order to qualify for selection.
- Accurate and good working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Familiarity with general office procedures.
- 3 A level passes (A to C grade) or a degree in Accounting or a minimum of 18 months experience in a practicing accountants office.
- Clear, concise, timely and appropriate oral and written communication; is able to communicate information in an understandable way orally and in writing, as suitable to the situation.
- Self-motivation: meets objectives and standards on own initiative.
- Teamwork: flexible; co-operative; helpful; self aware; collaborates well.
- Organisation: systematic; efficient; meets agreed priorities and deadlines on own initiative
- Response to change: investigative; adaptable;
- Physical: able to use display screen equipment extensively, according to health and safety guidelines.
- Ethos: sympathetic to the Christian/charitable ethos of the firm.
- Knowledge of CCH, Xero and Quickbooks.
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot of themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
How to apply:
Please download our application form Part 1
and Part 2
, fill in these forms and either email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or post marked for her attention. Thank you