||Charity Accounts Manager
Details of the job are described in the attached job description.
||The salary will be dependent on experience.
Salaries are paid monthly in arrears through the BACS System directly into the bank or building society account of each member of staff. Caladine Ltd must pay salaries through the BACS system. They cannot be paid by cheque. It will therefore be important to supply account details in order to ensure prompt payment.
||The hours of work for this post are 35 hours per week, excluding meal breaks (these are unpaid), 52 weeks per year and hours of attendance will be from 9:00am to 5:00pm on Monday to Friday, with an hour for lunch.
||The annual leave entitlement is 25 days (plus bank holidays) and an annual birthday holiday.
||The Company pays into a pension scheme for employees.
Health cover policy provided.
1. Be a support to the directors John Caladine and Colin Dadswell in their roles.
2. Liaise with Clients regarding queries and problems.
3. Completion of financial statements for various small and medium sized charities and SME’s.
4. Assisting the audit manager with a small number of charity audits
5. Drafting income tax and corporate tax computations and completion of tax returns.
6. Preparing management accounts and reports for clients.
7. Dealing with clients and being proactive within the development of the firm.
8. Assist with training and supporting junior members of staff.
9. Assisting clients with their IT problems.
The criteria below indicate the qualities that are needed to do the job well. Candidates will be selected according to the extent to which they satisfy this criteria. Evidence of potential will also be considered. Most of the criteria must normally be met in order to qualify for selection.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA.
- Minimum 2 years post qualification experience
- Ability to prepare financial statements for small and medium sized enterprises, to include the not for profit sector - Charities
- Some audit experience
knowledge of income and corporation tax computations
understanding of direct and indirect taxation
and good working knowledge of Excel and most accounting software
IT skills able to deal with in-house problems of clients’ needs
personality prepared to expand the firm and develop its services,
including out of hours meetings and events
- Clear, concise, timely and appropriate oral and written communication; can communicate information in an understandable way orally and in writing, as suitable to the situation
- Self-motivation: meets objectives and standards on own initiative
- Teamwork: flexible; co-operative; helpful; self-aware; collaborates well
- Organisation: systematic; efficient; meets agreed priorities and deadlines on own initiative
- Response to change: investigative; adaptable
- Physical: able to use display screen equipment extensively, according to health and safety guidelines
- Ethos: sympathetic to the Christian/charitable ethos of the firm
How to apply:
Please download our application form Part 1
and Part 2
, fill in these forms and either email to email@example.com
or post marked for her attention. Thank you.